Multiple scholarships are available to anyone interested in entering into the Merit Shop construction industry.
1. Rhode Island Construction Training Academy (RICTA) Scholarship
-Applicant applying must be attending RICTA.
-Application deadline is August 18, 2017
-Recipient(s) will be notified by August 25, 2017 via phone.
-Scholarship Application / RICTA Scholarship Application 17-18.
2. BrassCraft Zell Scholarship Program.
The BrassCraft Zell scholarship program offers scholarship funds to apprentices up to $1,500.00 annually. Students apply for the scholarship online through the website www.brasscraft.com/about-us/brasscraft-zell-scholarships/. The criteria for receiving a scholarship hasn’t changed – the student must be enrolled/enrolling in an accredited four or five year program and is apprenticing in pipe fitting. The funds are sent directly to your school.
Rhode Island Construction Training Academy meets the criteria.
3. Trimmer Education Foundation Scholarship.
Construction Education Foundation are excited to announce the Build Your Future scholarship. This opportunity is open to anyone who is currently pursuing craft professional training in the construction industry through a NCCER accredited program or a state / federally approved apprenticeship program in a merit-shop training facility. Each year, 10 scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded to recipients. The deadline to apply for a Build Your Future scholarship is July 3, 2017, using the attached application. For more information go to http://www.abc.org/en-us/educationtraining/trimmerconstructioneducationfoundation/buildyourfuturescholarship.aspx. Scholarship recipients will be notified via e-mail the week of July 30, 2017. All scholarship payments will be sent directly to the recipient’s school. To apply for the scholarship open the application here. For more information regarding the scholarship or to submit your application, please contact Lisa Nardone at email@example.com or 202-595-1789.
About Build Your Future - Build Your Future (BYF) is NCCER's national image enhancement and recruitment initiative for the construction industry.
It's mission is to recruit the next generation of craft professionals by making career and technical education a priority in secondary schools, shifting negative public perception about careers in the construction industry and providing a path from ambition, to training, to job placement as a craft professional BYF provides a number of resources to assist industry, education and military organizations in achieving these goals. For more information, visit www.byf.org.
- NCCER is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) education foundation created by the construction industry to develop standardized curriculum with portable credentials and to help address the skilled construction workforce shortage. NCCER is recognized by the industry as the training, assessment, certification and career development standard for the construction and maintenance craft professional. For more information, visit www.nccer.org or contact NCCER customer service at 888.622.3720.
4. Various Scholarship Opportunities